Saturday, August 15, 2009

a hard week

It has, indeed, been a hard week. I've been serious stressed and even worrisome about general things, and I don't know why. Wait, I kind of do know why... because I neglect "practicing the presence" of God, reading Scripture, journaling, etc. I neglect them, and I am realizing the serious need for them.

But today is Saturday, and I'm beginning to love these restful Saturdays! Coffee is brewing, Cheerios are already eaten, and leftover chicken strips and mashed potatoes (homemade) are awaiting me for lunch... ahhhhh yeah! These restful times are just good.

We're thinking another trip to Vermont in the Fall, to see Matt and Aislinn, to get replenished with them. It's our post-anniversary trip, and we originally were going to go to Asheville or somewhere mountain-ish... but I can't get excited about going anywhere. EXCEPT to see them. That makes me really happy.

So.. it's Saturday. And I hope you can rest and laugh and go to a free Redbirds game with whatever kiddos you can manage to load into your Binghampton mini-bus (oh yeah, that's going to be the Saturday finale:) )

grace and peace be yours...


No comments: