Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday Poem: What Keeps Me

Escape the lights,
camera,
action.

Retreat to the oneness,
piano,
empty,
yet full.

Sunlight
through pieced-together glass,
colors bright.
Warmth.

We need not add much;
it is simple here.
Small in number, we are.
Names we know.
Faces we recognize,
on that backdrop
of colored glass.

Awkward,
imperfect,
faithful.
In song,
in repetition,
in the words of saints and sinners.

A table
chalice... the blood;
bread... the body;
need - this is our need.

Not sometimes
but all the time.

I did not choose you;
yet, you choose me.
Savior.
Bride.

Both of you, mystery to me.

Running
often seems desirable.
To something less complicated,
something more clean.

But I know
less complicated
I will not find
Less complicated
is still need for the
Saving One.

So, I stay.

No comments: